Okay, so you're in need of an Irrigation solution for your home and want to make sure you're getting the absolute best solution to fit your needs. Well, you're in luck because we wrote this article just for you.
There's nothing we know more about than landscaping, so you can trust that years of experience have been put into the answers you'll find below. By the end, you should feel completely confident in your choice of irrigation solution. To start with, there are 3 main categories of irrigation systems, named for how they disperse their water.
These are: Soak; Drip; and Spray
Soak Irrigation Systems
- Applies water directly to the root.
- Helps prevent disease problems.
- Uses up to 80% less water than sprinkler systems.
- Water only where you need it.
- Very low in waste.
- Watering a row of multiple plants.
- Situations where the irrigation system needs to be fairly invisible.
Drip Irrigation Systems
- Precision watering of the root-zone.
- Applies water to individual plants, not the ground itself.
- Uses up to 90% less water than sprinkler systems.
- Slow, deep watering stream.
- Also very low in waste.
- Watering individual plants within a row.
- Vegetable gardening situations, like growing multiple tomato plants.
Spray Irrigation Systems
- Covers a larger area than any of the other systems on our list.
- Usually have a control valve so you can make sure not to waste too much water.
- Situations where you need to water a large amount of ground at once.
- Large-scale agriculture applications.
So, now you know the exact kind of irrigation system you need for your situation, but you don't feel like doing the work to install it yourself. Never fear - that's exactly what we're here for!
Set up an appointment with us here today!